Our guidance program offers two fundamental services: university/college planning and student counseling.
University / College Planning
At Union School, we recognize that planning to go to university or college is a stressful decision for students to make on their own. For this reason, our guidance counselor begins this process with students as early as the tenth grade so that they are well prepared when the time comes for them to apply to their chosen schools.
The planning process is usually comprised of the following sections:
- Selection – choosing the schools that suit each student the best
- Application – understanding each school’s application process including fees, program criteria, and deadlines.
- Decision making –once accepted into multiple universities and colleges, our counselor helps our students make the best decisions for them.
Beatrice Francis, our school guidance counselor is available to students to help with:
- Course planning
- Transitioning from the elementary to middle school, middle school to high school, and high school to post-secondary education
- Resolving social conflicts
- Ensuring that students get the most out of their education at Union School