We are still accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year. Limited spaces are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (509) 2943-4923/2943-2193/2943-2194.
Welcome, Bienvenue, to our Community of Learners and Thinkers. We are committed to the pursuit of academic excellence and to the development of strong morals, based on the core values we believe are essential in preparing the citizens and leaders of tomorrow. A strong intellect combined with physical, personal, ethical, moral, and social intelligence reflect the profile of a graduate of Union school. In choosing the Union School, you are choosing the best American preparatory school for your children, and thus you are offering them access to a global community and opportunities for a fulfilling and rewarding future.
We offer a wide variety of programs in areas of academics, sports, and after-school and In-school activities. We invite you to visit our campus for a bird’s-eye view of our interactions and activities. Ours is a welcoming campus and our strength lies upon the commitment of mutual respect demonstrated by parents, faculty, staff and students in all aspect of our endeavors. School hours are from 7:40 a.m. until 2:40 pm. Business hours are from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Classes start in late August, ending on June 14th.
Union School has an open admission policy without regard to nationality, race, creed, or religion. Enrollment is contingent upon compliance with basic academic and behavioral standards.
The admissions process involves a multi-disciplinary approach (coordinated by the Director) which includes participation of the Administrative team, Guidance Counselor, members of the Board and other staff as needed.
Students who are transferring from local French-language schools will in all likelihood be required to repeat the year they successfully completed unless they test at level in all areas. No students will be accepted beyond the grade 10 level.
How to Apply:
Step 1:The following items must reach the Admissions Office before application can be reviewed.
- Application Form
- Health Form
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport Biography Page
- 2 recent passport pictures
- Vaccination Records (up to date)
- Copies of report cards for the 2 previous academic years
- Official transcripts from previous school (grades 9-12)
- Letter of Reference/Introduction from previous school.
Step 2: Parents will pay the non-refundable application fee.
Step 3: A family interview may be set up either with the Guidance Counselor, a school program Principal or the Director.
Step 4: Admission or Placement Testing will be set up.
Step 5: The Admission Committee will meet to review the student’s file and make a decision on admissions.
Step 6:The School will notify the parents of the decision.
Step 7: If the student is admitted, parents will:
- Take care of their financial obligations with the Business Office
- Receive uniform and book/supplies information sheet
- Receive summer reading lists if appropriate
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACTED UPON UNLESS IT IS COMPLETE AS PER ADMISSION PROCEDURES.
- THE DECISION OF THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE IS MADE AFTER CAREFUL DELIBERATION, AND THEREFORE, THE COMMITTEE WILL NOT RECONSIDER ITS DECISION, WILL NOT CONSIDER ALTERNATIVE PLACEMENT AND WILL NOT RETEST ANY CANDIDATE.
- NO STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND CLASS UNTIL ALL PERTINENT TUITION AND FEES HAVE BEEN PAID.
To be admitted to the Pre-Kindergarten 3 program, the child must be three (3) years of age prior to August 1 of that school year, and the child must be four (4) years of age prior to September 1 of that school year for the Pre-Kindergarten 2. To be admitted to the Kindergarten program, the child must be five (5) years of age prior to September 1 of that school year. To be admitted to the First Grade program, the child must be six (6) years of age prior to September 1 of that school year.